Friday, March 7, 2014
Questions about the Media. Part I
· Identify five to ten forms of media (note that many fall under other
· How are they used differently? What are the differences?
· Which has the greatest impact on you?
· Which has the greatest impact on society?
· What are the shortcomings of each type of media?
· What advantages do traditional media have over emerging media
and vice versa?
· When does an emerging media become traditional?
· What new media might the be in the future?
· If you are a reporter with access to all forms of media distribution,
which do you choose first to tell a story?
· Why? How? Target market?
· Explain how you might have answered this question differently
20 years ago.
· How might you have responded five or ten years ago?
· How fast are media consumption habits changing?
· How much of new media is simply a form or flexibility for older media?
· What is media literacy?
Is it important to be media literate?
How does one become media literate?
· Who are the gatekeepers?
Is there a way to circumvent the gatekeepers?
Do you feel the gatekeeper is still or has ever been necessary in media?
· What areas of media are you most interested in?