Donate Today! Help us help others.

Lynch Coaching

Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

V-Day 2012 Las Vegas Community Presents: A Benefit Production of the Award Winning Play THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES



Las Vegas, NV – Las Vegas community members will hit center stage dressed in red, pink, white and
black, ready to spread awareness about violence and abuse toward women and girls through their production of Eve Ensler’s play The Vagina Monologues. The benefit production will run at Tommy Rockers Cantina and Grill at 4275 Dean Martin Drive on April 27th and 28th.Tickets can be purchased online for $11.54 at http://www.facebook.com/events/128471787283252/ or at the door for $15.

Showtimes are Friday, April 27: Doors at 7pm -Pre-show at 8:00pm - Show at 8:30pm, Saturday, April 28: Doors at 4:30pm - Pre-show at 5:30pm - Show at 6pm & Late Show Preshow at 8pm - Show at 8:30pm.

The Vagina Monologues celebrate the global movement of V-Day, which strives to empower women to find their collective voices and demand an end to the violence. Each year V-Day increases awareness by focusing on a specific group of women in the world who are resisting violence with courage and vision.

In 2012, V-Day's Spotlight Campaign will be on the Women and Girls of Haiti. The Spotlig
ht will highlight the high levels of violence against women and girls in Haiti, and will focus on the increased rates of sexual violence since the devastating earthquake that took place in January 2010. 

90% of the proceeds of the V-Day 2012 Las Vegas Community productions will benefit our local Safe Nest and the remaining 10% will go to support the women and children of Haiti.

For more information about this event call 702-561-7643 or 702-609-2882 or visit http://www.facebook.com/events/128471787283252/   or email vdaylasvegastvm2012@gmail.com.
# # #

About V-DAY
V-Day is a global activist movement to stop violence against women and girls. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM) and sex slavery.

Through V-Day campaigns, local volunteers and college students produce annual benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues, A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer, Any One Of Us: Words From Prison and screenings of VDay's documentary Until The Violence Stops, and the PBS documentary What I Want My Words To Do To You, to raise awareness and funds for anti-violence groups within their own communities. In 2010, over 5400 V-Day benefit events took place produced by volunteer activists in the U.S. and around the world, educating millions of people about the reality of violence against women and girls.

The V-Day movement is growing at a rapid pace throughout the world, in 140 countries from Europe to Asia, Africa and the Caribbean and all of North America. V-Day, a non-profit corporation, distributes funds to grassroots, national and international organizations and programs that work to stop violence against women and girls. In 2001, V-Day was named one of Worth Magazine's "100 Best Charities," in 2006 one of Marie Claire Magazine's Top Ten Charities, and in 2010 was named as one of the Top-Rated organizations on Great Non-profits. In twelve years, the V-Day movement has raised
over $75 million and reached over 300 million people.

No comments: