It is interesting that Hitler, Mussolini and other dictators quickly, upon taking power, dissolve trade unions and collective bargaining. Look it up. History does teach us lessons.
From a student:
AFTRA and SAG Members: Rally in Wisconsin!
Lend your Voice on Saturday, February 26
Lend your voice on Saturday, February 26 and join the workers’ rally in Madison, Wisconsin.
The big rally begins with music at 2:00 p.m. and will feature SAG and AFTRA members and other special guests.
- Saturday, February 26
- Leave the AFTRA/SAG office at 10 a.m. Return approximately 8 p.m.
- Van transportation provided.
- If you prefer to drive and have room for additional riders, let us know.
- Wisconsin members, RSVP with your mobile phone number to coordinate meet up.
- Please wear any and all AFTRA and/or SAG attire – t-shirts, hats, etc.
Wisconsin has become ground zero for the labor movement and collective bargaining rights. If collective bargaining rights can be stripped away there, it will happen everywhere. Bills that would in one form or another roll back labor rights and wage standards have recently been (or will soon be) introduced in roughly 30 states.
Join the fight for a society that promotes fair wages, benefits, and working conditions. The eyes of the nation are watching what will happen in Wisconsin. Please join us!
RSVP: include your name and mobile phone number please. Call AFTRA/SAG Chicago at (312) 573-8081.