Donate Today! Help us help others.

Lynch Coaching

Friday, October 30, 2009

Student References

Student References:

Art Lynch Student References
07-11-09

To Whom It May Concern,

Mr. Lynch was my Communications 101 teacher. As a non-traditional returning student, who had not taken classes for over twenty years, I went into the class thinking that I would die because we had to give speeches and it would not be very fun. However, because of Mr. Lynch, the class was very exciting, and I got to know a lot of people. Mr. Lynch made all of the information easy to understand and if we had any questions, we felt free and confident enough to ask.

Jennifer Malone
Henderson Department of Water
January 2, 2009

Feedback
by MCLEOD, CYNTHIA M at 7/17/2009 | 12:40 PM

Professor Lynch,
You're an excellent teacher.  Thanks so much for a great class.  You are passionate about this subject and it shows in your teaching.  I learned a lot about getting a message across to an individual or an audience properly.
It takes a lot to do for little pay but you care about your profession and are very, very good at teaching it.
 I like that you recognized when students needed a little extra encouragement and inspired the class to get involved and help each other out.  If anyone were to ask me if they should take your class, I would tell them 'Absolutely YES! He is a great teacher!'
Take care and good luck,

Cynthia McLeod
Federal Bureau of Reclamation, Boulder City, NV
COM 101, Sec 622

I really appreciate the "open forum" format of the class, there are allot of experience in a bunch of areas and I enjoy hearing from everyone in the class as well as from the instructor.
-Brent Gordon, Summer 09

I have enjoyed everyone's speeches.  Everyone's has some interesting things to talk about.  The class/instructor humor is great and everyone is trying to have a good time!  I am definitely learning a lot.

-Lindsay Petty, Summer 09

Sent: July 18, 2008 2:38 PM
From: KAWIN TOWE
To: Art Lynch(alynch)

Thank you very much, Dr. Lynch for, being so supportive and helpful for the entire semester. I enjoyed and learned so much both about giving speech and stuff that my classmates presented to the class.
Today, a friend asked for my opinion regarding your class. I told her that if she really wanted to learn and ready to put in effort, she wouldn't be disappointed; otherwise, stay away from your class at all costs.
I really had an awesome time during the course and I actually felt a little strange when I realized that it was over. Everyone was wonderful and I think you did such a terrific job.

Thanks again,
Kawin

Message no. 21090
Author: GORDON GRECO (00040947)
Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:27pm

Simply thank you for all you do for us!

Message no. 13586
Author: MATTHEW SMITH (00650505)
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2006 4:20pm
You are a awsome teacher. I really enjoyed this class
thanks to you. Hope the best for you! Thanks

Message no. 21256
Author: SENEQUA MALONE (00578531)
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:06am

Wow!  You're a great teacher!  Michelle-

Sent: December 13, 2008 7:52 AM
From: MARILYN CRUSON       To: Art Lynch(alynch)

Message no. 13441
Author: EVITA TAN (00639145)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 7:29pm

Thank you for being understanding and approachable during the whole semester.  You always accomodated my questions and inquiries.

Merry Christmas,
Evita

Message no. 21263
Author: PAMELA HALL (00657036)
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:30pm

Thank you so much for your patience and I think you are a wonderful instructor.  It is clear this is a lot to learn in 4 weeks, and you were fabulous at delivering the information in a variety of ways so I feel comfortable quite a bit will stay with me.

Thanks again,

Pam

High priority

Mr. Lynch,

I intend to write a strong positive formal letter for you when I am not groggy. I just logged in to see my grade on the Final. I am surprised I did so well but truthfully I did study for days on end. My reason for surprise is not that I did not understand or grasp the materiel but the way my brain functions at this time in my life is a frustrating thing to me. I struggle with short term memory and focus. Perhaps I just got out of the habit on focus but the menopause is too real and in my opinion too invasive into my life.

Now that I understand the speech disipline more I am inspired to say things to my friends and co workers that I did not feel confident to do in the past.

More later,...
Sincerely,
Marilyn Cruson

Professor Lynch,

Thanks so much for a great class.  You are passionate about this subject and it shows in your teaching.  I learned a lot about getting a message across to an audience properly.  I like that you recognized when students needed a little extra encouragement and inspired the class to get involved and help each other out.  If anyone were to ask me if they should take your class, I would tell them 'Absolutely YES! He is a great teacher!'

Take care and good luck,

Cynthia McLeod

COM 101, Sec 622

Message no. 13227
Author: ALMA JIMENEZ (00664032)
Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:46pm

Hi first of all I wanted to thank you I really enjoyed being in your class. I haven't been in school in four years so I was kind off nervous, but I have to say it wasn't bad at all. I also wanted to tell you that I already put to use what I learned in your class, long story short my husband's boss asked him to make a presentation on why the company should pay for his college and how they would benefit from it. So basically I helped him put together a persuasive speech, we don't know the result yet but he was very impressed.

Alma

Message no. 20858
Author: TRINA ANGELIQUE LOVETT (00555390)
Date: Monday, May 14, 2007 7:08pm
Thanks so much! It was fun! Again, thanks for a great class. I use what I've learned literally every day at work.
Best-Trixie Lovett

Author: MAUREEN POLSTER (00666544)
Date: Monday, December 18, 2006 9:12am
Thank you very much for a great class and interesting conversation.  This class was one of the first ones I have taken since being away from school for many years.

Sent: July 1, 2008 4:00 PM
From: ROSALIND SUNDEY
To: Art Lynch(alynch)
I along with allot of students in the class can agree that you are a very good educator, and you are so informative, and outgoing. Like I said, alot of students think you are awesome!
Rose

Subject: RE: Final Grade is a Solid A       Sent: July 19, 2008 10:08 PM
From: HUGH MCPHERSON
What a class!
I have taken a lot of classes, a lot of them were over 10 years ago and many didn't transfer; I have to say one thing is for sure: you made me think, and I learned something!... I think that is the greatest compliment a Teacher can get! especially from a stubborn old bastard like me. You Rock! ( I think thats still a good thing, LOL)

Sent: December 9, 2008 4:32 PM
From: ZACHARY MARSH
To: Art Lynch(alynch)

I enjoyed the class, all the students and your teaching sir. Have fun in the future and if you have any questions or there is anything I might be able to do for you my department e mail is Z5845m@lvmpd.com. contact me any time..
Homeland Security Officer, Clark County Sheriffs Office/ LVMPD

From:      g2serenity@embarqmail.com
         Subject:    Great class/great radio show/taxi
         Date:    July 8, 2007 12:46:24 PM PDT
         To:      createcom@cox.net

Thanks again ,you were right I am sooooo glad I had you as a  mentor  for Com 101. Everything you wrote the first day  on WebCT did come true! Please note the new address after 14 years. Because of your class, I am turning into a tech geek and even ventured into high speed internet. I was able to feed 2 birds with that one slice of bread.

Kindest regards,

Gordie

Sent: December 10, 2008 12:58 PM
From: KATHY WILSON
To: Art Lynch(alynch)
Thank you Professor Lynch!
I had a great time in your class and I learned a lot from you! I was very nervous to begin and terrified of this class, but it turned out to be my favorite. I think you deserve all the credit for it! You are a great teacher and you are patient with those that need a little extra instruction. Thank you again for a wonderful experience!
Kathy Wilson

December 9, 2008 2:39 PM
From: JEZAMAY AREVALO      To: Art Lynch(alynch)

You are a very challenging prof. in a good way... I command you for that... and another thing, you were fair in the way you treated us in the classroom. I learned a lot from you.. :-)

Message no. 21680
Author: IVAN BANNAN (00622274)
Date: Monday, July 30, 2007 7:39am
Professor Lynch,
Thanks for having me in your class.  Honestly,.. compared to most of the pre-requisite classes that I have taken for Nursing, and other classes that I have taken at USC, I find that communications 101 is useful and applicable, to real situations.  Thanks, it was a
very enjoyable experience.

-Ivan B.

Sent: December 4, 2008 10:48 PM
From: JEZAMAY AREVALO      To: Art Lynch(alynch)
It was a pleasure being your student Mr. Art... :-) We will miss you for sure...

Sent: July 17, 2008       7:07 PM
From: JERRIE HAGEN
To: Art Lynch(alynch)
I sure will tell everyone I meet to take your class. i really enjoyed it and i feel i learned a whole lot to bad you do not teach other fields.
i do hope your job is not one that is cut because this class was the best class i've taken so far.
Jerrie

Sent: December 14, 2008 12:36 PM
From: JEZAMAY AREVALO      To: Art Lynch(alynch)
I've learned a lot from this course. Now I can speak myself out in front of the people. This is one of many things I've learned from this class. Thank you for being too challenging! (in a good way). :-)

Sent: December 9, 2008 6:57 PM
From: MICHAEL GARAVITO
To: Art Lynch(alynch)
I am very glad that you are a fair grader and I had a good experience in your class I really enjoyed it and the people that were in it ...
Tony Garavito

Sent: May 15, 2008 10:00 AM
From: JENNIFER WEBBER
To: Art Lynch
I just wanted to say thank you for an awesome semester. I couldn’t have asked for anything more for my first semester at college. I had a blast and I learned. Thanks.
Have a good one.
Jennifer Webber

Sent: December 10, 2008 2:43 PM
From: SOLEIL NICOLE CRUZ

Hey Art,

Just let you know, it was a fun and awesome semester. Especially with the everyday political, non-political and economic random facts discussion, it is pretty enlightening.

I don't exactly view the world in the same perspective anymore, thanks to you (lol). :o)

Sincerely,
Soleil Nicole S. Cruz "Bi.2"
HN110 Com 101
Fall 2008

Sent: July 24, 2008 10:06 PM
From: ASHLEY BEARD
To: Art Lynch(alynch)

Thanks, class was great!!!

Subject: RE: Grades and References       Sent: July 17, 2008 7:14 PM
From: ANNA MIRASOL
To: Art Lynch(alynch)

I just wanted to tell you that I had a great time in your class. You made it fun and interesting. Never a dull moment especially with all the crazy people in the class. I've learned a lot and I do hope that one day I will overcome my fear of public speaking.

Good luck and God bless.

Anna

From:    g2serenity@aol.com
Subject:    Hello Professor Lynch
Date:    April 5, 2008 12:18:14 PM PDT
To:    art.lynch@csn.edu
Cc:       createcom@mac.com

Art,
Well less than 1 year after "the best class I have ever taken" I have the opportunity to make a Speech of Acceptance. I still enjoy your weekly  Sunday voice  on the radio,  Thanks for what you do.

Kindest regards,

Gordie

Subject: Amanda Stanek       Sent: May 7, 2008 9:35 PM
From: AMANDA STANEK
Hi Professor Lynch,
I wanted to take this opportunity to say, "Thank you" again! It was a pleasure taking your class; I enjoyed the open communication you allowed all of us to partake in. However, I do not see myself taking another COM class - it has nothing to do with you or your teaching skills. LOL
Good luck with your doctorate program; I wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Sincerely,
Amanda Stanek

I can and will speak as a reference for Professor Art Lynch at any time.  As a senior returning student,  I currently work for the college taking notes for students and can be reached through that department. I may also be reached at gl0_b0@yahoo.com (zero’s not ‘o’).

Mr. Lynch you’re an awesome professor I love being in your class. You are very  knowledgeable and know your stuff. You bring up interesting topics and discussion and  make the class room environment fun and good place to learn. During this course you have answered any and every question I have had. And you have done the same for others.

- Dustin Osborne
       Com 101
       HN 102

TRANG NGUYEN (00680482)
Date: Friday, December 14, 2007 5:36pm
I just wanted to Thank you for having me as a student and by far this was one of the
coolest class with great fellow students as well. Thank you for making it easy on us!!!!

Message no. 32148
Author: CHELSEA DOI (00700419)
Date: Friday, December 14, 2007 6:51pm
=)
i'll A C T U A L L Y miss going to class =(
take care and thanks for everything ...
CHELSEA

Message no. 31948
Author: JEANETTA PITTENGER (00140888)
Date: Friday, December 14, 2007 6:01am
Being around others who are younger than you can sometimes help young ones, if they
choose to take the advise...but being in your class made me realize that conversations
with others can go along way if you allow them too.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Message no. 31914
Author: KARA STEIN (00624839)
Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:59pm
Thank you so much! I enjoyed your class and learned a lot. I looked forward to class and
felt like I continued to exceed.

I think you are a wonderful teacher and I hope that you and your family have a
wonderful Holiday!

Thanks again for a great semester

Kara

April 6, 2007

Hey Art,
     I took your class in January and I promised that I'd update you when my baby was born. I was the pregnant woman that looked like I'd pop any time.  Well, Nicholas was due March 13th, but came two weeks early. He was born February 28th at 10:10pm. He was 7 pounds, 5 ounces and 19 inches long. He has a full head of dark brown hair and blue/grey eyes. Sorry I didn't e-mail sooner, but things have been crazy as is to be expected with a new baby. I hope you and your wife are doing well. Again I want to let you know that I really enjoyed taking your class and still use what we learned in my everyday life. I believe your class really helped me as both a communicator and a listener. Thanks!

~Caroline Cannon
(I know this e-mail will say it was sent by Caroline Fadely.....that's my maiden name and I can't figure out how to change it on Yahoo.)

Message no. 13438
Author: SYLVIA ROSE (00568603)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 5:08pm
Dear Art;

Thank you for your help in my first semester in college at the age of 50. You have been a great help in educating me through your Communication 101 class. Keep up the good work!

Also, if you have any additional comments as to how I may improve my experience through-out my college experience I would greatly appreciate it.

When One Teaches-Two Learn

Sylvia Rose

Author: DOUHA CONRAD (00598023)
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:34pm
You are fast at giving grades Mr. Art. I'm happy i got a B i wanted an A but it okay that means i really blew it on the final test.
Thank you for everything. I enjoyed your class and learned a lot too. You have been a great teacher,you were always there for help. I appreciate your patient with me and have a great summer!!!!!!
I’m off home to Lebanon for three months, then back to CCSN. Are you teaching any other courses this fall?
Your favorite students Douha :-)

Message no. 13439
Author: EDWIN WEIR (00430866)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 6:35pm
Hello

I am glad that I did "stick it out." This class has been one of the more rewarding classes that I have taken at CCSN.

Do you have any advise on what I can do to continue to improve my public speaking skills?

Thanks

Ed Weir

From:      scottreetz@gmail.com
Date:    August 16, 2007 12:14:41 AM PDT
To:         createcom@mac.com

I have been fortunate, I have had alot of very good professors, such as yourself that have given me the opportunity to be successful.

Message no. 13587
Author: MONICA VALLEJO (00457011)
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:07pm
I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed the class even
though I was frightened of doing the speeches!  It was fun!
Happy Holidays, Monica

Author: SHANITA WILLIS (00660342)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 3:54pm

Professor Lynch, i loved your class and i will turtly miss it. it was my first semester and your class helped it go by easier. I think we had a wicked class and i am glad to have met everyone i came across even if we didnt speak that often. I too will miss this class.

Shanita

Message no. 13434
Author: KRISTINE AQUINO (00658562)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 1:28pm
I would just like to thank you. I had a great time in that class and learned so much from it. Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

Message no. 21674
Author: WAYNETTE YOUNG (00077203)
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:11pm
Thank you for your quick response. I have enjoyed to going to school after a long time
off and truly it is classes like this that make it enjoyable. Thanks again. Waynette Young

Author: JESSICA LOCO (00669944)
Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:44pm

I did for sure leave this course better off than when I
started, thank you.

-Jess

Sent: December 9, 2008 3:04 PM
From: YURI SEO      To: Art Lynch(alynch)

I was scared that I might not pass the class.
Thank you for giving me chance for my
last speech.

I learned allot from this class.
I hope you have a great holidays~~~=)

Message no. 636
Author: JILLIAN CROCKER (00567802)
Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:27pm
I told myself that I wasn't going to get all weepy and emotional, *sniff sniff*... lol, but seriously, I want to thank everyone online and from my actual class for a wonderful semester.  Having WebCt has been a great asset to the course and allowed many of us to correspond even though we weren't in the same section.  I have really enjoyed the
feedback and the study groups... I'm actually going to miss this class!!
Good luck to everyone in your future endevours (sorry, I can't spell) & have a safe & happy holidays!!!

Jillian
Author: MILDRED DELACRUZ (00626339)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 7:48pm
thank you very much Mr. Lynch.. i really appriciate what you've
done for me... i really enjoyed your class, it was a pleasure to have
you as my professor.

thank you again..

Message no. 13612
Author: KRYSTALLINE DROWNS (00531639)
Date: Saturday, December 23, 2006 8:11am
Thank you for a great class. See ya around Boulder City.

Message no. 13602
Author: MALYSSA CASTRO (00647619)
Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:52pm
I just wanted to Thank you again for a great semester.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerly,
Malyssa Castro

Message no. 13585
Author: BRANDI GILSTRAP (00660962)
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2006 1:16pm
Thanks you so much! I really enjoed this semester.
Brandi

Message no. 13456
Author: FRANCIS VERASAMMY (00668528)
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2006 3:15pm
I really enjoyed your class this year.  I learned a lot about myself and the class helped me not only in getting a required class but helping me to improve as a student.  Thank you  Aaron

Message no. 20862
Author: AIMEE DOUANGPRACHANH (00607251)
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:55am
Thank you! It was an interesting start for my first semester in college. Very entertaining.
Thank you again.

Message no. 13453
Author: LARISA GLICK (00604444)
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2006 1:56pm
I wanted to thank you for a great class, Thank you.

Larisa Glick
Message no. 13234
Author: ERICA WEBSTER (00653867)
Date: Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:40pm
Thank you so much and have a great Christmas!

Sincerely,
 Erica Webster

Message no. 13231
Author: SHARON HAEHNEL (00655223)
Date: Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:04am
Dear Mr. Lynch,
Thanks for a great semester.

Sharon Haehnel

Message no. 13229
Author: LEAH GARRETT (00572141)
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:17pm
This class was fun i will be
sure to take a class with you in the future.

Message no. 13433
Author: JILLIAN CROCKER (00567802)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 12:42pm
Thanks Art, You're class was great & I wish I could take 102 in the Spring, but you're teaching it at a bad time for me.  Please take care & enjoy the pics of Xavier that should be on their way
to your email soon!!

Jillian

Message no. 13589
Author: KRISTINE AQUINO (00658562)
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:48pm
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years and
maybe I'll see you around next year. Again, you're class was a blast. Thank you!

Message no. 13442
Author: HALEY MYERS (00621267)
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 7:47pm
This is HAley Myers again. I just forgot to give you my e-mail in the
last note. It is Haley9sl@yahoo.com. Thanks again.

Message no. 13611
Author: ALEXANDRIA WILLIAMS (00444731)
Date: Friday, December 22, 2006 1:40pm
It was a pleasure. Hopefully I will see you on campus
next semester. Take Care
Alex

Author: BEAU BOATMAN (00615490)
Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 4:59pm
thanks alot for having me in your class it was a pleasure also thanks
for helping me with communications I really learned alot. I apreciate it. take care and have a nice summer.

beau

Message no. 17912
Author: FRANCISE WILLIAMS (00636467)
Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:03pm

I think i will take your class in the fall...............that sounds great. But when i take your class i may need help. If you can gave me good information on who to do my speeches and note taking because  i really want to do good in your class....MR. Lynch i would love
to thank you and LaruRA SO VERY MUCH YOU GUYS ARE HELPINH ME SO
MUCH ,,,,THANK YOU. bless your hearts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you both are angles.

Author: JOSH MUSICANT (00218299)
Author: AUGUSTO MARROQUIN (00513418)
Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:32am

Thanks Mr. Lynch I really enjoyed your class

Author: RUSTIN PARK (00636406)
Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:26am

Well, my number one goal is to get into the Nursing program at UNLV. The number two goal is to graduate with honors. The nursing program requires me to have high grades in certain biology classes while just getting at least a B in other disciplines. For some reason, I didn't realize our class was a +/- grade class. Because of that, I just
Focused on making my Microbiology class a B+ instead of a B. I know it seems like I really dropped the ball but I scored a 98.2% on my Microbiology final, pushing my grade up from a B to a B+.
A good friend of mine mentioned something to me. He mentioned how many Korean families tend to teach their kids that life was a ladder. You have to keep climbing. Once you get to the top, everything will come--marriage, career, education, and success. Life however is not like that ladder. It's like a balance. If you try to put everything on one side, then the other side will completely fall apart. Also, if that one thing you depend in life on falls apart, you have absolutely nothing--quite similar to that whole "all your eggs in one basket." In other words, balance is key.

That's what I thought about when I realized after speaking to a Nursing counselor at UNLV. She said to focus on my Biology classes, not having Honors. It stinks because a lot of the reasons I took courses was to learn a lot, not just because they were required. Now I feel as though I am pushed to focus more on certain areas more than others (microbiology, chemistry, etc.). I'm waiting to find out how I did in my Macroeconomics class. I'm wondering if I
Dropped the ball in there too. -.-;

On another note, we always remember that the more difficult the path is, the more you'll be happy when you reach your destination. It seems like you have a lot going on in your life but at the same time, I know for strong people like us, we always find ways to persevere. Whether it's true or not, always tell yourself "if you tried your best, you'd be the best." You're going to do great and when people see your name, "Art Lynch", they will think of the many accomplishments you've made.
Regardless of what my stupid counselor said, when people will judge me, I know they will not remember an A in 4-5 of my classes, rather they'll remember the C I got a couple years ago in my Pizza Dough Roughing class. We always have to do our best to be balanced (the C is representation of the one mistakes I make in life, not the literal C).
This lady is obviously messing with my balance!

Thanks for your nice words. I've been fortunate to have a lot of successful people say kind words to me and constantly encouraging me towards success. If it wasn't for those
people, I know I wouldn't be so strong.

Date: Friday, May 11, 2007 12:04pm
COM 101
WC806

Such a relief the semester is over. Now find myself with free time and
little idea of where to spend it. Summer school is a bust, the classes I
need, full. I had enrolled in the class in Spain through June. Not
enough people singed up so the class was canceled, but only after we
purchased airfare. So now we're “stuck” going to Europe for a month
without any particular place to be. Should be some summer. Good way to
wind down after the semester. Speaking of semesters, it was good working
with you. Tough but good. An afterthought, I should have signed the
picture of Amy Tan signing the playbill. If you want that signature,
drop me a line, anytime. Thanks, and don't let the Microsoft getcha down.

Your's truly,

Joshua Musicant
5017 Wild Buffalo Ave.
Las Vegas, NV, 89131-3662
(702) 379-1522

Message no. 21267
Author: LARA MCGOLDRICK (00662824)
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:05pm
I really enjoyed this class.  I'm sad that it is over, and relieved that we made it through. Thanks so much Professor Lynch for everything.

Message no. 21290
Author: MATTHEW ISAKI (00689971)
Date: Friday, June 29, 2007 1:32am
Thanx for a great semester, maybe I'll bump into you at the Cheyenne campus.  Thanks for helping me THINK!

Message no. 21289
Author: MARCELL BRANCH (00697933)
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:31pm
Thank you very much.
i hope you no how much this mean's to me thank ..... Amen..

Message no. 21288
Author: GREGORY DONOHUE (00691443)
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:40pm
A's an A to me, so it's good. Thank you for the fun semester. My email is etherbinge317@gmail.com if you'd like to contact me in the
future.

Message no. 21291
Author: GORDON GRECO (00040947)
Date: Friday, June 29, 2007 7:17am
Thank you sir,I came a very long way indeed, can feel the growth,may have been the best thing that I ever chose to do (sticking with it after week 2 turned out to be uneqivally the best). Thanks again. I will be listening on Sundays.

Warmest regards,

G2

Message no. 877
Author: SENEQUA MALONE (00578531)
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:02am
Hi- I only wanted to wish everybody "good luck" on their finals.  It's our last day of
class.  I enjoyed each and everyone of you. I wish you all the very best with your
degrees.  Hopefully, we meet again in the future, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Best wishes,
                                                                                                 Michelle M.

A special thanks to Mr. Lynch for being an "excellent" instructor-Thank you!!

Message no. 21675
Author: ANGELA BAY (00626527)
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:03pm
Thank You!!

Message no. 22589
Author: ANGELA PITT (00434963)
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:12pm
Hi Art,

I have totally enjoyed the 4 weeks in your class, and it has helped
tremendously in my realizing that I can even TAKE this class (just signing up was terrifying :) due to my absolute paranoia of public speaking.

It boils down to a time crunch, and biting off more than I can deal with.  You are a great instructor, and have truly inspired me to keep up with current affairs, AND to have an opinion.

I hope to sign up for your class again, but not sure when.  I am still taking precalculus and evolutionary biology this semester.

Please remove my name from the 9/26 (Wednesday, 09:30am class) #2 slot, for the
demo speech.

Happy autumn, and thanks again,

Angela Pitt, RN BSN

I would just like to say that I have enjoyed this class very much. I started out this term taking this class only because it was a requirement. However, my views have changed since then and now I look forward to coming to class. I have made friends with several people in the class and I think that the group of students as a whole have great chemistry. I really appreciate your availability on WebCT for help. I especially found this helpful for my informative speech and I just want to thank you for all of your help. This has been a wonderful experience for me and I do feel that I have improved my public speaking skills because of this course.

Thanks for everything,
Caitlin Saladino

Message no. 31946
Author: INI O'DONG (00458423)
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:48pm
thank you! it was great being your student.

Message no. 31951
Author: PAMELA MANN (00275894)
Date: Friday, December 14, 2007 9:34am
Thank you Mr. Lynch for such an awesome class.  You made it fun and interesting.  Good
luck with you paper today and happy holidays to you and your family.

Pamela Mann Colburn

Message no. 32168
Author: NICOLE MOSEMAN (00656952)
Date: Monday, December 17, 2007 11:19pm
thanks for a great semester. enjoy your holiday!!- hopefully i'll see you around campus
next sesmester!

Subject: RE: Final Grade C-       Sent: July 18, 2008 2:39 PM
From: ROSALIND SUNDEY
To: Art Lynch(alynch)

Oh my gosh.. I can't stop crying.. happy tears though. Mom and I are celebrating! :)

You really are a great teacher, and not just because you worked with my grade, I mean all around, a very great professor.

Thank you so. I know I can do better, I know I can, and if I ever have you as my teach again, i'll prove it. :) Maybe you'll see me perform a solo at a Boulder City event sometime or something. :)

Thank you Mr. Lynch! Tears of joy on this end of the pc. I'll let you know if I get back into the Park service!It takes some processing time because its government, but I just need to turn grades into them, once i get my psy. 101 grade, then I'll know. :)

You're the best! I'll keep in touch! OF COURSE! us boulder citizens have to stick together! haha

Thanks for EVERYTHING, you're great,

ROSE

From:
HARTFIELD, CHARLESTON V
Subject:
Chuchy Hart
To:
All course faculty, All course students
I'm sorry i missed you guys on the last day, however as a Metro Officer I had to work a protest so I was not able to make it to school that evening. I really enjoyed meeting you all, feel free to give me a call if you would like my number is 702-917-9981. Thanks guys for all of the cool information that you shared with me.

From:
GORDON, BRENT J
Subject:
communication 101....
To:
All course faculty, All course students
What an awesome class! The people I had class with could not have been better friends...the instructor and the class made this experience incredible, I thank each and every one of you for your input and participation, this helped me immensely in my re-entry into school after 25 years thanks to all of you! My phone # is 702-306-0384, call me if you ever need anything, really! My email is brentjgordon@yahoo.com...I encourage you all to stay in touch! I consider you all my friends and appreciate you all.

April 18, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter of recommendation is for Mr. Art Lynch.  I have worked with Mr. Lynch over the past year in the capacity of supervisor; he is a part-time faculty member for me in the Department of Communication, at The College of Southern Nevada.
Mr. Lynch has been with CSN for many years.  In that time, he has taught a great number of course sections for us, primarily the Communication 101 (Oral Communication) course, but he has also taught the Communication 102 (Interpersonal Communication course, and also has experience teaching in the journalism/broadcasting field as well.
In his many years of teaching for us at CSN, Mr. Lynch has shown to be flexible in his ability to work within our schedule, and has nearly always taught a full-time schedule.  He shows a desire to teach and a love of communication in all forms, as can be illustrated in his many experiences across his career; from teaching, to acting, to broadcasting, to publishing.
Beyond his employment, Mr. Lynch has shown a high level of professional development.  He attends workshops through the Center for Academic & Professional Excellence (CAPE), which has included learning to use the WebCT course management system, and others.  He additionally has taken it upon himself to work on a PhD in his free time (of which I’m sure he has very little; he is always busy).
In sum, Mr. Lynch has shown his interest and determination in communication studies, in acting, in broadcasting, and in his educational pursuits.  Please feel free to contact me for further insights into his work with us at CSN.
Sincerely,

------------------------------------------------------------
Angela M. Holland
Professor & Lead Faculty
Department of Communication
College of Southern Nevada
6375 West Charleston Blvd. C269N (W2C)
Las Vegas, NV 89146
angela.holland@csn.edu
702.651.5983 office
702.651.5738 fax

I have known Art for over 10 years and moreover in a formal capacity as the Nevada Screen Actors Guild Executive Director since 2003. Art has been a consummate advocate for his constituents, the actors and students he represents and guides. He has demonstrated leadership, mentoring and communication skills during his 13 years within SAG as a National Board Member. Art founded and ran the Nevada SAG Conservatory for almost a decade. Nationally, he is currently Co-Chair of the New Technologies Committee. In addition to his past service as Co-Chair of Communications, he has also worked with the Young Performers, New Media, EEOC, Right-to-Work Committees and has taken part in contract negotiations in Los Angeles. I would highly recommend Art as a dedicated and tireless employee and asset. February 28, 2008

Hrair Messerlian (Executive Director at Screen Actors Guild) worked directly with Art at Creative Communication/ College of Southern Nevada.
SAG            415-706-5756
            work            559-433-6870
            home            323-549-6440

work            HMesserlian@sag.org
            home            hrair_messerlian@sbcglobal.net

home            9081 N. Backer Ave.
Fresno CA 93720

702-877-2227 phone
702-877-0411 fax

9480 S. Eastern Ave, Ste 233
Las Vegas Nevada 89123

building, designing, directing the person behind the character

January 23, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

In my nine years of employing Mr. Art Lynch I have found him to display strong loyalty to superiors and especially to the organization.  He has consistently projected energy and enthusiasm for all he does.

As a teacher he shows exceptional competence in his field and is highly articulate inspiring enthusiasm and confidence in his students.  He is well respected by other staff members and students alike.

His performance has been superior and he is strongly qualified for any teaching position for which he may apply.

Sincerely,

Kim Flowers
President and CEO

To Whom It May Concern,

Mr. Lynch was my Communications 101 teacher. I went into the class thinking that I would die because we had to give speeches and it would not be very fun. However, because of Mr. Lynch, the class was very exciting, and I got to know a lot of people. Mr. Lynch made all of the information easy to understand and if we had any questions, we felt free and confident enough to ask. This class built up my confidence, and has made it easier for me to talk to and in front of others. We talked about current situations and what was going on in the news and how it related to communications, which was nice because it kept me up to speed on what was going on around the world. Mr. Lynch was also very helpful with our speeches and would work with us individually, with the whole class, and over e-mail. He was always available and willing to help. He made the class difficult enough to where we learned something and we had to the work and do it right in order to get a good grade, but he made sure that we understood everything and gave us all of the material and advice we would need to do well. I highly recommend Mr. Lynch as a teacher and his charisma will carry over to the class and motivate them to work hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're great teacher! I wish you support deaf and explain deeply. I know I tired my best to things better and grades. I've seen a lot students like you. Art need to explain more blog as well.